You're ready to visit. So how do you get here? Getting to Western Montana is easier than you may think. With two international airports —Missoula (MSO) and Glacier Park (FCA)—Amtrak's Empire Builder, car rentals, buses and a well-maintained highway system (anchored by Interstate 90 running east and west and Highway 93 running north and south), starting your journey in Western Montana has never been simpler.
Travel Information and Helpful Links
- For road travel information, call 406.444.6200 or visit www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo.
- Montana road conditions can be obtained by calling 511 travel information, which provides real-time updates including weather forecast, construction information, road closures, major delays, winter driving conditions, speed limit restrictions and more.
- Montana generally keeps highways open throughout the winter. Peruse these winter travel tips to help you on your journey.
- For current fire and drought news and condition, visit the Montana Office of Tourism.
- The Montana Department of Transportation has web cams located throughout the state to provide real-time highway conditions.
- For updates on Glacier National Park road reports, visit the National Park Service website or call 406.888.7800.